Monday, 17 October 2016

Europe Birding Trip

Hello Everyone,

This past 3 weeks has been a blast! The trip started off with a day of rest in Hungary and some lifers at my Grandma's!
  The next day went through of a lot of driving through Austria and spending the night there with a great birding stud in the morning! Another 1000 kilometers later I was in Germany! 4 days were spent there in total with combinations of birding,touring Bonn and Cologne, and exploring the Rhein River! I racked up quite a few species there!

Rose-Ringed Parakeet
Common Sandpiper
And a ton of Eurasian Jay's

  My family and I then moved on towards Strasbourg and Switzerland. Strasbourg was a favorite town so far and Switzerland we only really drove fast through Switzerland. We arrived for are first of 8 days in Italy. We stayed at beautiful Lago Maggiore for a day and explored the hilltop city of Varese. We then moved on to coastal towns like Lerici and the Cinque Terra! I snapped a beautiful picture of the evening sky in Lerici!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/145162454@N02/30091420950/in/dateposted-public/
We stayed in Pisa for a few days and saw the Leaning Tower of Pisa and explored the town of Luca.
Then we stayed 3 days in VENICE! It was still a beautiful day in rain, the place is really amazing with its canals,buildings,streets, and the amount of tourists! We then were on our last 3 days of our journey, which we would spend in Hungary!
  I went on one of those days to a birding banding center. It was a great experience seeing a quite a good amount of lifers, my highlight being a Moustached Warbler!

The trip was a really great experience and I hope to go again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment