Monday, 14 November 2016

A bird only seen twice in British Columbia!?

Hello all,

  On September 25th this year, a 2nd ever recorded sighting of a Lucy's Warbler came to Kelowna!! The bird was seen close to the lake at Rotary Marsh, in the park across from it! The bird was not seen after for over 1 month.
  On November 12th a team of birdwatchers went looking for a very rare Green Heron seen that day in Rotary Marsh. Along they're way there, the stopped at the park opposite them to look around. To their amazing surprise they rediscovered the Lucy's Warbler in the exact location!!! Birders from Vancouver,Kelowna,Victoria etc, came to see this mega rarity bird. I went in the evening to try see him, but only heard him.
  I arrived the next day at 11:45 am to see this bird again. I ran into a group of birders already photographing it and a very late and rare Least Flycatcher! I got a pic of the Least but the Lucy's was just to jumpy. I went back to the marsh to see the Green Heron, but I missed it in the open by 10 minutes. I went back and forth like this with success with the Lucy's (a very distant picture) but I could not track down the Green Heron. I was quite disappointed, but I do hope that it will stick around for another chance at seeing it!

Cheers
Matyas

No comments:

Post a Comment